Category: Fin ‘N’ Kit

Fin ‘n’ Kit DevLog #7

Beyond all the other “hidden” changes going on, I’ve been working on cutscenes for the game. For now, we’re going to keep it simple with still images rather than something really animated. Here is the cutscene system implemented, but with WIP art: (Really, it’s just reusing the menu system to make a cutscene!)

Fin ‘n’ Kit DevLog #6

Not a lot to update with at the moment. The semester is coming to a close, so I’m grading and preparing the final exams and such, so consequently I’ve slacked off on Fin ‘n’ Kit development — It has been 12 days since the last coding session I did. And I’m just coding now because …

Continue reading

Fin ‘n’ Kit DevLog #5

Today I worked on level artwork (though I’m still not done!) and updated object behaviors. It is all looking pretty spiffy! Right now everything is still, I will have to add in animations later, but the animations aren’t really necessary to have the team go ahead and work on levels. Check out this video for …

Continue reading

Fin ‘n’ Kit DevLog #4

A good couple days of coding, working on the dolphin and cat physics, and adding in the level scrolling and item behaviors! Still have some work to do. Want to add better art, and fix up the behaviors.

Fin ‘n’ Kit DevLog #3

On today’s episode of “I meant to program for more than just 3 hours today (but the day isn’t over yet!)”, I worked on the Fin ‘n’ Kit level editor! I was interrupted by a phone call that ended up lasting about 45 minutes. It was my dad, who put his brother on the call …

Continue reading

Fin ‘N’ Kit DevLog #2

I don’t have a lot of time to program today, since I teach class tomorrow and still would like to grade some assignments before then. Everything else I got done early today, so I snuck in some gamedev. Beginning the set up of the map editor. The original version of Fin ‘N’ Kit (originally Delfino …

Continue reading

Fin ‘N’ Kit DevLog #1

The Moo team is working on updating Fin ‘N’ Kit – an old mobile game I made two years ago with Gideros and Lua. Because of some of the constraints with Gideros when it comes to PC support, I’ve spent the day creating a Fin ‘N’ Kit C++ project using my Kuko framework, which is …

Continue reading