When you’re too dang busy to do something that takes hours to set up, complete, and clean up…
- Write a one-page micro story based off a random idea you get from a Tweet, meme, or other post.
(e.g., post-apocalypse where humans discuss how the Blue Bird caused civilization to destroy itself, by delivering messages from The Orange Man to antagonize The Great Leader, and TGL retaliated with fire.)
- Practice another language by writing short/micro-stories in that language.
- Crochet or weave a little bracelet.
- Draw a four-panel comic about a pet peeve.
(e.g., people not refilling the ice cube tray when they pilfer a cube directly from the tray)
- Study a few vocabulary words from a language you’re learning.
- Post an educational how-to blog post about some random thing that you know how to do.
- Program a text-based game without any extra libraries or anything. (Keep it simple)
- Practice Morse Code.
- Take a walk – you’ve been sitting long enough.